Thursday, February 18, 2010

Non-picture post

I'm waiting for some photos to load, so thought I'd do some text-blogging to make up for the fact I have been a slack on the pictures this week.

The Name

Why name a blog 'Absolutely No Smiling'? Whenever I tell my kids to smile for the camera, they give me hideously awful ear to ear fake grins that make me no longer want to take a picture. Or they stand and look at me with an expression that says "be grateful I am even standing still." In either case, there are no genuine grins that you want to capture and look back on.

If you're new to my blogs, I tend to ramble. A lot. I get this from my husband.

So, to avoid the fake grins and death glares, I tell my kids not to smile. No smiling. Don't do it. DO NOT SMILE. Within about 2 seconds they are laughing hysterically and the smile is radiating through their eyes and everything about them just looks happy. Then I fire away on the camera until my finger cramps.

I don't know if I've ever said 'absolutely no smiling' to them, but 'no smiling' was taken as a domain/blog name, so absolutely it is.


The Blog

Why blog my pictures? Because deep down in places I don't talk about at parties, I would love to give up the daily rat race and take pictures. And seeing as how this is the first time I have ever admitted that in public, maybe I'll start taking some steps to doing it. And the first step would be to actually learn how to take some good pictures, because right now most of them are luck of the camera, the scene, and the subjects. So I started this photoblog, suggested by the excellent writers at Digital Photography School

The End

Time to go pick my favorite photo from today's photo shoot. Hope you enjoyed the break, and I will now return to my regularly scheduled programming!

No comments:

Post a Comment